Workshop Host: Siddharta Govindaraj
Continuous deployment is an interesting thing that everyone is doing it these days, but doing it right is more complicated than it seems. In this workshop we’ll look at some common pitfalls that face developers when they try to implement continuous deployment, like:
- How do you implement manual approval steps in the CD process?
- What do you do if a new version of the software requires changes to the operating environment (like new versions of system libraries)?
- How do you rollback the deployment if there was a problem with the new version?
- How do you instantly provision new virtual machines with the exact same environment as the rest of the machines?
- Understand common solutions for getting around these pitfalls
- The session will use the cookbook format, where we see some code samples on how to implement a solution?